We're excited to announce several new beta features for Jump Desktop: virtual displays, privacy mode, higher quality audio streaming, and pixel perfect mouse scrolling.
Note: Before you get started, you'll need beta versions of Jump Desktop and Jump Desktop Connect. See below on how to get started with this.
Virtual Displays for Fluid lets you extend your remote session beyond the physical limits of your host's displays. You can now create up to 4 virtual displays during a remote session. Virtual displays support arbitrary resolutions and can match your local display layout perfectly. This is perfect for working with multiple monitors without having to worry about how many monitors are attached to the remote host. Virtual Monitors also support Retina mode to extra clarity! Connect to your machine and click Displays -> Virtual Monitor.
Privacy Mode for Fluid lets you blank out the host machine's physical displays and block any inputs from physical keyboard and mice attached to the machine. It will also automatically lock computer after the remote session ends. This is perfect for when you need to remotely work on sensitive documents and media. Great for shared environments and hybrid work workflows. To enable privacy mode connect to your machine and click Remote -> Privacy Mode.
Higher quality audio streaming for Fluid lets you enjoy crystal clear audio for your remote session. Fluid's audio quality was already very high, but we've double bandwidth allocated to audio. Requires Teams Enterprise.
Pixel perfect mouse scrolling for Fluid lets you scroll smoothly and accurately on any screen, even on high-resolution Retina displays.
We hope you enjoy these new features!
Requirements for Virtual Monitor Support on host machine:
- Windows hosts: Windows 10 or later. Windows supports up to 4 virtual monitors.
- MacOS: macOS 10.14 or later required.
- macOS 10.14 supports one virtual monitor.
- macOS 10.15+ on Intel Macs supports up to 3 virtual monitors.
- macOS on Apple Silicon supports up to 4 virtual monitors.
How to get started:
1. Install Jump Desktop Connect 6.8.75 or later on the host machine:
- Mac: https://jumpdesktop.com/downloads/connect/JumpDesktopConnect-6.8.75.dmg
- Windows: https://jumpdesktop.com/downloads/connect/JumpDesktopConnect-220.127.116.11.exe
2. Enrol in the macOS Jump Desktop Beta:
- Install Jump Desktop for Mac 8.9.6 beta: Make sure you are using the non-App Store version of Jump Desktop and then click Jump Desktop -> Preferences -> CHECK 'Beta Updates' and then click Help -> Check for Updates.